NEED TO CONTACT ME?

Sunday, July 17, 2011

What A Difference A Season Makes!!


Good Morning Friends...

Every morning I have the same routine...up by 5:00 a.m., feed my "boys", walk my "boys", then make myself a cup of coffee and plan my day. Sounds pretty boring, doesn't it?

Well...I wouldn't have it any other way right now. I am going to be announcing some pretty big news soon, so for right now, I'll be content to keep things just the way they are!! :)

You know, a VACATION sounds reeeeeeeally nice right about now!!!
It has been so long since we have had a "real" one! I have been hearing about all of the wonderful times you are all having this summer, and I have to admit, even though you all deserve them, I am a little jealous...OK...I am VERY jealous!!! (sniff, sniff)  Relaxing trips to the beach, antiquing, coming home with car loads of fun stuff,and of course the wonderful memories!!

Vacations sure can be alot of fun, can't they? Hopefully, in August...once things settle down a little around here, John and I can take one...even if it is only for a long weekend. I have been so consumed with my book, that I haven't even had time to go grocery shopping, yet alone frequent any of the good shops in our area!! But...once you commit to something, you should follow through...no matter what the sacrifice, am I right???

As I was out walking  this morning, I looked up at our house from the road.
 I could barely see it...the trees are hiding all but one corner of my pretty little saltbox. I love this house, and the grounds...it is so peaceful. Living here is like a dream that I never want to wake up from.
Every time I walk through the door, a feeling of warmth, peace, and contentment comes over me. It is hard to describe...I guess you have to experience it to know what I mean. Do any of you know what I am talking about?

Since I can't share that "feeling" with you, I thought that you might at least like to see the view that 
I saw this morning.

 I am posting two pictures...one that I took early this spring, when things were just starting to wake-up, as I like to call it, and then a picture of what I saw this morning while I was out walking my boys...What a difference a season makes!!   

Here is my house in the early spring...it reminds me of some of the pictures you see of old saltbox homes in New England.

Now...here it is as it looks right now! In early summer, this fenced area is covered with purple lupines and other wild flowers...I wish they would last all through the season, but even without the flowers, it is still very pretty.

OK...time to get my day going...I wish you all a happy Sunday, and a wonderful week ahead!!

My best to you all...Tina







6 comments:

  1. Morning Tina!...a vacation?...what is that exactly? LOL...oh yeah I think I can recall having one of those like eleven years ago!...I think we need to refresh our memory too about what a vacation is!

    How wonderful for you to feel the way you do about where you live...my dream is to someday have a home on a wooded piece of land where the nearest neighbor is barely in sight because I really dislike living in a subdivision!!

    Your book looks absolutely gorgeous and I would love to offer it in my shoppe...is there a password needed to access the wholesale information?

    Have a most joyous Sunday!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!
    You have an amazing home and little corner of the world!

    Lori Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos, I love them both. Hope you show fall & winter too when they roll around. The house itself looks as if it has a story to tell, just waiting to come to life and speak. Hoping you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting comments girls...Janet, hope you see this...I have emailed you twice with info...wonder what happened!! I am sending out a mass email to all shop keepers with wholesale info in the next day or so, there will be a password in the email. Thanks...Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layout of your home and the decorating make it beautiful on its own, but that feeling you get when you enter means it's also a warm safe haven for your soul. Of all the PictureTrail homes, yours is one of the favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful home~ breathtaking setting~ So peaceful looking~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete