NEED TO CONTACT ME?

Friday, July 8, 2011

Dolly's Got A Boyfriend!!

Good Friday Morning Everyone!!!

Have you heard the news??? Dolly has found herself a BOYFRIEND!!! Well, actually, "I" was the one who found him...but Dolly is smitten, and plans to keep him all to herself!!!

Remember how I hinted to you in my last post about the "one" thing that I found at the show I was promoting my new Christmas book at? It was at Linda Miller's Homestead (for those of you who are just finding me) and the show was called "Back At The Cabin"...well...even though the show was AWESOME...I only had limited room in my suitcase to bring any treasures home, so I had to be very selective in what I purchased.

I think that you will all agree that this new little "boy" doll is definitely a keeper!!
The minute I saw him, I knew that I had to have him!! His clothes are a little tattered, and his sweet penciled face is faded...his darling little hand stitched socks have holes, and one of his legs was almost falling off, but he called my name, and more importantly, he reminded me of my Grandpa, and just like when I saw Dolly for the first time...my heart melted, and the rest is history!!

Before going to our hotel that night, my friend Joan and I stopped at the local Wal-mart so I could purchase a spool of thread...I simply couldn't stand the thought of his leg dangling the way it was, so as soon as we got to our room, I did a quick repair, and now he is as good as new...well, "almost" as good as new, that is!! :)

OK everyone...without further adieu, here he is...
Everyone...I am pleased to introduce you to Everett!!
My grandpa's name was Cloyse Everett, and I thought about naming him Cloyse, but my dad's middle name was also Everett, and even though they are both WONDERFUL old names, I thought he looked a little more like an Everett than a Cloyse, so I decided to name him after both of them instead.

You can barely see the details of his pencil-drawn face...and look at the sweet little collar of his shirt!!

Tattered and torn, but oh so endearing!!

I know, I know...I still haven't made Dolly's new dress, there just isn't enough time in the day for me lately, but...don't they make a cute couple?

Well my friends, I am going to spend some time with my son this morning, so I need to close for now. As always, thank you so kindly for stopping by...be safe, and enjoy your weekend...Tina :)










10 comments:

  1. Oh Tina, Everett is adorable!! I can see why you fell in love with him. And he and Dolly make the perfect pair! Oh so sweet. I'd say you found a real treasure at the show. I had to chuckle at you stopping to buy needle and thread to fix him right away. Sounds like something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you fell in love ! Everett is quite the catch for Dolly. Have a great time with your son.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. they make a wonderful pair!...have a wonderful weekend Tina!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Tina!...I wanted to ask about offering your book to my customers...is there a password to get into the wholesale information?

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina, Love that you found Everett. You just don't find many "boy" dolls. And he is so cute. Great name for him. I found an old ragggedy ann years ago, and she was handicapped. I left her with only one eye, and torn and she was so special. Once Darbee Rae came along, that was one of the fist dolls she had to take home with her. Even as a toddler your heart goes out to dolls who need a little extra love. A great couple. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina,

    I just LOVE Everett, and think it is just wonderful that you named him for those 2 special men in your life!! When I read your title, I couldn't help but think of the little rhyme we used to chant....."Everett and Dolly, sittin in a tree, K I S S I N G" and so on!! I know they are a most happy couple now that they have "found" each other, thanks to their amazing matchmaker!! Enjoy them both! Thanks too for the reply email about the book and shop! I passed it on to my boss!!
    Blessings~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fine young man to be with your girl!! :o) He is wonderful, what a great treasure ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dolly & Everett sittin' in a tree, holdin' hands together sweet as can be! Following up just a bit on Julie's comment! I love him, if Dolly ever tosses him aside, send him my way! Love those little overalls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to take a minute to thank you all for posting comments...I wish I had a little extra time right now, because I would love to respond to each and every one of you!! I have been swamped with so many things lately, and I wish I could come up with a little better excuse, but that is the truth, and I cannot tell a lie!! :) I do appreciate you taking the time to not only stop by, but also to post, and I didn't want you to think I didn't care!! Your friends...Dolly, Everett, and Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tina...what an adorable Prim couple.
    They were just MADE for each other!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete