NEED TO CONTACT ME?

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Today I Wandered...

Good Morning Friends...

I hope this morning finds you all safe and warm, and enjoying this wonderful and festive time of year!!

I have been so very busy the past few days that I haven't been home much at all...going here and there, having a house full of family and friends over for Thanksgiving dinner, a couple of trips up north, tagging the perfect "live" tree for my sitting room this year, a little bit of Christmas shopping, and putting up lights, colonial inspired decorations, and garlands outside....WHEW...I've been busy!!! Unfortunately, the inside of the house is really suffering...and there is still so much more to do!!!

A few weeks ago, I posted some Fall decorating pictures of my home on my Picturetrail. I was amazed to see how many of you had been waiting for them, and I got so many wonderful comments!!! Thanks to all who viewed the photos as well as those who posted such nice comments!!

One of my "Friends", Suzzane from Early New England, stopped by my PT for a visit and under one of the Fall pictures she so kindly posted the comment that she "missed wandering through my home". It was so nice to hear that because one of my very favorite things to do each day is get up reeeeeally early...typically between 4 and 5 a.m., make myself a cup of coffee, and quietly roam from room to room just sipping my coffee, lighting the candles in my old lanterns and candlesticks, and spending some time just relaxing and gazing at all of my favorite things...

Since I have been so busy the past few months...I have been getting up early, making my coffee, and getting on my computer to answer emails and orders...well...today was different...today..."I WANDERED"!!

I poured my coffee and I lit my candles and I wandered around the house...room by room, up stairs and down...It has been so long since I have done any "real" decorating or "rearranging"!! I looked at all of my furniture, accessories, and the boxes and piles of Christmas decorations I had brought up from the basement, taken out of cupboards, boxes and bags, and with my cup in one hand and a note pad and pen in the other, I began scribbling my Christmas decorating ideas for this year!!

Now...I have been thinking about Christmas for months...actually, I think about it all year...I like to change things up a little from year to year so planning ahead is a must, and this year I thought that I had things all planned out, but then I went and purchased some wonderful new "EARLY" Christmas items...so now I have had to change my entire line of thinking all over again!!!

I found two new Antique feather trees, a wonderful old tree fence- Mm Mmmmm, some new "old" ormnaments to name a few...and in my last post, you all got to see a peek of the WONDERFUL early Belsnickle that my hubby got me for an early Christmas present.

In today's post, I am going to show you all some of the things I am talking about...they are just sitting here and there...NOTHING has been decorated or placed yet...that will all happen today and tomorrow, and then I will post some pics on my PT for everyone to see.

Since I have so much to do, I had better get busy...here are "some" of the new, "old" Christmas items, as well as a few other things that I got down in Arthur, IL a couple of weeks ago...

This is a darling little spun cotton Santa...just wait until you see where he is going to end up!!

Here are af ew of the things that I got down in Arthur...and yes...we had just returned from the show and those are bags in the background!! :)

The early 4 1/2 foot tall feather tree and the little spice cupboard are from my good friend Darlene Lesicko (her home is on the cover of "An Early Christmas")...the wonderful turned treen bowl is from Brenda of Early Goods Antiques...of course there is my wonderful old Belsnickle...and that darling little table was in the booth across from me...it was calling my name throughout the entire show...actually, it was calling my friend Lori Rippey too, who was helping me in my booth...but she ended up getting a wonderful blue cupboard instead, so luckily, the table came home with me!!! :)

OK...the decorating awaits...among other things, I have trees to put up, stockings to hang, and greens to tuck in, so off I go...

Have a wonderful day everyone...enjoy yourselves, be safe...and if you can, please try to do a little "wandering" of your own today...if you're anything like me, I guarantee it will put a smile on your face and it is always so good for the soul!!!

Thanks so much for your visit, Tina



7 comments:

  1. So glad you are finding time to 'wander' again Tina and enjoy the calm of early morning. Can't wait to see how you decorate this year. Yep, that table was just meant for your home! So glad you got it. I'm not quite done decorating but getting close. I better get busy too! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures, no wonder you love living there! Take time to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina! I was in Arthur at the show, too and drooled a while in Darlene's booth! Oh my! I didn't realize you were going to be there, until I was on my way out and saw you signing books. I was going to stop and meet you, but you were busy with customers and Hubby was ready to go. It's always a wonderful show and I always enjoy it. I absolutely love the book and I'm so glad I sent for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina...your goodies are wonderful! I too am an early morning wanderer...so calm and peaceful in the a.m. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful house all done up for the holidays.

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Suzanne about loving to wander through your home and I look forward to the Christmas pictures as well.

    And I wanted to tell you that I just love your Christmas Book. I am pretty fussy about buying books. Working for a magazine I get to see many wonderful homes and so it takes a lot for me to buy a hard cover book now but as soon as I saw yours, I had to add it to my collection. You chose wonderful homes and they are filled with inspiration!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina!...oh your new goodies are FABULOUS!!...I am so anxious to see your decorating pics!...and thank you ever so much for the very kind words about mine!

    Merry Christmas my friend!
    hugs!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tina, Just love your house, I have also been enjoying your book, thanks for having such a great book filled with all the primitive goodies, such a great book is hard to find. Take care, Vicky

    ReplyDelete