NEED TO CONTACT ME?

Monday, June 6, 2011

In The Mood...


Good Morning Friends...

This morning I was in the mood for a little candle light.
It seems like all I do anymore is work, work, WORK...at my computer, around the house...both inside and out...you name it!! There is SO much going on with us right now.

Candle light always seems so calming to me...so this morning, I thought that I would post a few pictures of some recent shots that I took of some of my favorite old candle sticks and lanterns...throw in a little pewter, and I can already feel the stress of the past few weeks just drifting away...

On the kitchen table...first of all, I just love the old scrub top on our late 18th century New England pin-top table...add some pewter and a little candle light and AHHHHHH...it doesn't get better than this...

...unless of course, you add an old tin push-up candlestick to a stack of early measures!!!

Here, on the kitchen fireplace mantle, I have an array of early lighting...pewter candle sticks, tin candlesticks,  an old punched tin Revere lantern...and of course, more pewter!!!

Well, my friends...what ever your mood, I hope that you have a happy day and a stress-free week!!! That's "my" plan...let's see if I can stick to it!!

Kind Regards, Tina


2 comments:

  1. beautiful...just beautiful!!...candles and candlelight must be at the top of my list of favorite things in life!...have a wonderful Monday!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way things have been going around here, that push up candlestick would have set the nearby homespun ablaze! Your table top and pewter have such a softness, such a wonderful reflection, it is calming. That same photo with the glare of a shiny varnished table and highly polished metal.....much different reaction!

    ReplyDelete