NEED TO CONTACT ME?

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holy Cow!!!!!

Hello Everyone!!!
 
It's a good thing you are sitting at your computer as you see this post or you'd probably faint from disbelief...the second one it a little over a week...what's going on here????
 
Well, I have been awake since about 2:45 this morning and I couldn't fall back to sleep so I thought I would do a little more catching up on emails...we were out of town on Thursday and Friday last week, then 2 1/2 days of Internet problems, so needless to say, I am a little behind on things. If you have emailed me in the past few days and have not received a response from me yet, either your email didn't come through or I haven't gotten to it yet. I still have a few from yesterday to answer but if you don't hear back from me, please email me again because it obviously never came through...and my apologies for the inconvenience!!
 
Also, for those of you who were planning on stopping by my up-date that was supposed to be on Monday, I have postponed it until "TONIGHT", so if all goes well with my Internet (so far no problems since late yesterday afternoon...fingers crossed!!) I will be opening the album up at 8:00 PM, CST. :) Just a smaller up-date...I wanted to finish a few things that I didn't get done in time for last week's up-date.
 
Since I was awake so early today, I decided to take a few minutes to snap a couple shots of some cute little pieces that I have recently acquired...
 
...I think you're gonna like this...
 
About three years ago, my son and daughter each got me some cute little antique cows as part of their Christmas gifts to me. I was amazed that they even thought to go to the antique mall to look for something for me, and even more amazed that they each did it without the other knowing (and neither told the other what they got), BUT...they did it, and "HOLY COW" look what they found for me....
My son found the little one on the right and my daughter found the other two. Can you imagine what fun it was to find these under the wrappings?!!! (Since they are still packed away, I took this picture from last year's album of Christmas photos.)

Well...that was all it took...an instant collection was started and now when ever I see an antique cow for sale, I think of my kids and how happy I was to receive those three little cows that Christmas. As you can see here, I have since added to the collection and I just purchased this big pull toy this past Saturday. She is a real BEAUTY and measures 14 inches long...I just love her to pieces!! 

She has a little wear, but all-in-all she is in really nice shape and to me, a little wear only means that she was very well loved and handled by many sweet little fingers and hands!! Her platform base has wonderful metal wheels and her head moves from side-to-side. She has carved wooden horns and utters with a worn black collar and her little glass eyes are missing, but they still look pretty to me...and just look at that sweet little nose of hers!! Other than a few little bumps and bruises, she has aged pretty well, don't you think? We purchased her from Mike at the "A Gathering on the Prairie" antique show in Arthur, IL and was thrilled to know that she had been a part of his own personal collection for quite some time. (Happy "early" Birthday to me from my Hubby) I haven't named her yet, but I'm thinking she looks like a "Bessy"!

I call this little girl "Blondie" after a cow that my grandparents had when I was a young child growing up in Northern WI. She was purchased about two months or so ago...I got her from Penelope's Past Antiques . She is flocked and has her original eyes, horns and utters...just a tiny little chip on her one front foot...Hmmm, wonder how she got that??? :)
 
It has been so much fun collecting them, only now I have to be careful not to grow the heard too much, too soon or I just may end up with a cupboard full of cows to go with my cupboard full of sheep! :)
 
Well, Friends, I think I will close for now...THANK YOU SO MUCH for stopping by...and I also want to thank you all for your kind comments, cards, and emails concerning our wonderful old boy Riley. It meant so much to know that so many of you out there care and even though most of your correspondence brought me to tears, they were happy tears and you really did make me feel better about things...you guys and gals are the BEST!!!
 
 
Have a WONDERFUL day everyone...Until next time,
 
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment